The Shortel Communicator Software is a useful addition to your PC. It allows you to interface with your phone via your computer. This can allow you to listen to voicemail, change your outgoing message, view your missed calls, and many other functions using your PC. To install the Shortel software, follow the steps below:
- Visit this location on Network Files: S:\TSS Administration\Shoretel\Software. Double-click on the "communicatorsetup.exe
- You’ll get to a screen asking for the server, which is shoretel.tetonscience.org
- On the same screen uncheck the box that says “Use Windows Credentials”
- In Username enter your first initial and last name (i.e. Jayne Deaux would enter jdeaux)
- The default Communicator password, changeme which you ‘ll be asked to change on the next screen.
- If you have not set up your voice mail you’ll be prompted thru that process. Most of you have already set up your voice mail so you won’t be asked.
- Finish the setup. You should see the Communicator window, if not, click on the Communicator icon on your desktop.
- Explore the various sections of the software (under “Windows”). Much of it is intuitive and we’ll be dispensing more information later on some of the more not-so-obvious features.
- The software by default runs whenever your computer is running.
To explore more of the features of Shortel Communicator, check out the attached User Guide.