The Shortel Communicator Software is a useful addition to your PC. It allows you to interface with your phone via your computer. This can allow you to listen to voicemail, change your outgoing message, view your missed calls, and many other functions using your PC. To log into the Shortel software, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Shoretel application by pressing the Windows Key, then searching for Shoretel, then hitting enter.
- You’ll get to a screen asking for the server, which is shoretel.tetonscience.org
- On the same screen uncheck the box that says “Use Windows Credentials”
- In Username enter your first initial and last name (i.e. Jayne Deaux would enter jdeaux)
- You'll need to enter your password, which you'll get from IT.
- If you have not set up your voice mail you’ll be prompted thru that process.
- You'll also have the option to have Shoretel Communicator launch automatically when you start your PC. Check the box if you want to turn this feature on.
- Finish the setup. You should see the Communicator window, if not, click on the Communicator icon on your desktop.
- Explore the various sections of the software (under “Windows”). Much of it is intuitive and we’ll be dispensing more information later on some of the more not-so-obvious features.
To explore more of the features of Shoretel Communicator, check out the attached User Guide.