TSS uses Public Campus Calendars to publish information about campus events. These calendars are public to anyone in the organization to view, but it's not exactly intuitive how to add them to your personal Google Calendar. Check out the rest of this tip to learn more.
How to Add Public Calendars to Google Calendar
1. First, open up a web browser and navigate to calendar.google.com. If you aren't already logged in, make sure you log in with your TSS credentials.
2. Now, click on one of the links below to open the calendar you're interested in. You'll be able to view the calendar in month view.
- Grad Program Calendar
- Jackson Campus Calendar
- Kelly Campus Calendar
- Murie Ranch Calendar
- Non-Residential FE Calendar
- Teacher Learning Center
- TSS On-Call
- TSS PK-12 School Calendar
3. In order to add any of these calendars to your Google Calendar, you'll need to click the not-very-obvious button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen labeled "+ Google Calendar".
4. Your browser will open yet another tab and you'll be prompted whether you want to add this calendar. Go ahead and click 'yes', you can always remove calendars later that you don't want. Note: if your browser gets stuck at this stage (which has happened to a few folks, try one of the following solutions: refreshing the page, logging out of all Google Accounts then logging back in, clearing your browser cache, or using an Incognito Mode browser window to log in.
5. Add as many or as few calendars as you'd like. If you ever want to remove a calendar from your Google Calendar, click on the small down arrow next to the calendar you'd like to remove. From the drop-down menu, choose 'Hide this calendar from the list.' This will remove the selected calendar from Google Calendar without affecting anyone else's ability to view it.
Editing vs Viewing Public Calendars
While everyone at TSS has the ability to view Public Calendars, not everyone at TSS has editing access to public calendars. If you need to be able to make edits to a public calendar, contact your department head and ask them to grant you editing privileges.
While public calendars are visible to everyone at TSS, they are not visible to users outside the organization, at least not by default. We can share calendars with outside collaborators when necessary, but you should check with your department head first before sharing any calendars outside the organization. Non-TSS collaborators should not be given editing access to TSS public calendars unless cleared with IT first.